Phone Debate with The Hookah Papi aka C.L.B : When Is Waiting Too Long?

 

When Is Waiting Too Long?

So boom.

My lil' bro hit me up yesterday, and somehow we ended up in one of those debates that start normal and then take twelve exits off the highway before you realize where you at.

The topic?

Waiting in relationships.

Now from jump, I told him he was coming from a real feminine point of view. Must've been all that Drake he been listening to. I'm joking... kinda.

But seriously, we started talking about this whole idea of a woman's biological clock. You know, the conversation society brings up every five minutes like there's a countdown timer above everybody's head.

Now before y'all start throwing tomatoes, I'm not saying somebody should be trying to have a baby at 50. What I'm saying is people shouldn't feel pressured to rush into major life decisions because society got a schedule they think everybody is supposed to follow.

We got too many folks checking boxes instead of checking if they're actually ready.

Then my brother starts throwing autism statistics and all kinds of scientific talking points into the conversation. He was quoting studies like he was getting paid by the hour.

Now I'm not a scientist. I'm just a guy from the block with Wi-Fi.

My point was simple. Sometimes I wonder if the issues we see today are more complicated than what people tell us. Could stress during pregnancy matter? Could unhealthy relationships have an impact? Could people be oversimplifying complicated issues?

I'm not saying I got the answer.

I'm saying everybody acts like they got THE answer.

Big difference.

Anyway, that's when we finally got to the real argument.

Not biology.

Not science.

Relationships.

See, I think women and men often look at waiting differently.

A woman might look around and say, "My career moving. My money right. I'm growing. Why ain't my partner where I need him to be?"

And honestly, that's fair.

Ain't nothing wrong with wanting progress.

But sometimes men are looking at challenges differently. Sometimes a man sees the bigger picture and keeps trying to build through the struggle instead of abandoning the project.

Now let's keep it real.

Some people stay too long.

Some people leave too early.

That's just facts.

But I've noticed something.

Sometimes a woman leaves because she thinks a man isn't growing fast enough. Then six months, a year, or two years later, that same man levels all the way up.

Now she confused.

Talking about, "How he do all that so fast?"

Maybe it wasn't fast.

Maybe the foundation was already being built.

Maybe he was explaining his struggles and nobody was listening.

Maybe what looked like laziness was really frustration.

Maybe what looked like failure was just somebody being in the middle of the process.

And yeah, sometimes the harsh truth is the biggest burden in a person's life gets removed and they finally have room to focus.

Not every breakup story is that simple, but we've all seen it happen.

It's giving Tyler Perry movie energy.

Half the movies be somebody leaving the loyal person for greener grass, then finding out that grass was artificial turf from Home Depot.

Now everybody miserable.

The part we don't talk about enough is support.

People love talking about who built what.

"I did this."

"I earned that."

"I worked for this."

Cool.

But who encouraged you when nobody else believed in you?

Who answered the phone at 2 a.m.?

Who sat through your crazy ideas before they made sense?

Who held you down when you had more dreams than dollars?

A lot of people reach the top of the mountain and forget who helped carry the bags.

Relationships aren't supposed to be two people keeping score.

They're supposed to be two people building.

That's why I told my lil' bro this whole conversation ain't really about waiting too long.

It's about knowing what you're waiting for.

If there's no effort, no growth, no communication, and no plan, that's not patience.

That's self-inflicted stress.

But if two people are genuinely trying, supporting each other, and building toward something bigger, maybe the answer isn't always to run the moment things get difficult.

Maybe sometimes the move is to lock in together.

Not forever.

Not blindly.

But long enough to see if the seeds you're planting are actually growing.

And before somebody twists my words, 

I'm not telling women to chase deep pockets.

I'm not telling men to chase waterfalls.

I'm saying relationships work best when two people stop looking for the exit and start helping each other find the next level.

But hey...

One More Thing...

At the end of the day, life ain't a race.

Everybody's timeline is different.

Some people find success at 25. Some find it at 45. Some meet their person early. Some meet them after a few hard lessons and a couple of "what was I thinking?" situations.

The real goal isn't to beat somebody else's clock.

The goal is to become the best version of yourself while helping the people you love become the best version of themselves.

A healthy relationship isn't about who leveled up first.

It's about celebrating each other's wins without keeping score.

It's about having patience when things get tough, giving grace when mistakes happen, and recognizing that growth doesn't always happen on your schedule.

Keep building.

Keep communicating.

Keep believing in each other.

Because when two people choose to grow together instead of competing against each other, everybody wins.

Stay solid. Stay patient. Stay focused.

Your blessing ain't gonna miss your address.

That's just me talkin' outta turn. 🎤⬇️

Comments

Fire Takes

Zion Williamson Gets Exposed… AGAIN? For paying for the Kitty! Is Bro Strategic or Just Trickin’ Out Loud? #TalkinOuttaTurn

Ari Lennox vs. Martin: Colorism or Clout?” #TalkinOuttaTurn

Message to the Black Creatives : Killa Cam vs. Omar Gooding: King Jaffajo Turned King Petty and Wild And Crazy Kid Sweet Peas Not Jr. BarSmith #TalkinOuttaTurn

Joyner Lucas, MYA & That “Nevermind” Love That’ll Mess With Your Head Fight or Flight #TalkinOuttaTurn

Gucci Gets Done Shiesty : The Industry Back on Its Industry Nonsense #TalkinOuttaTurn

Kevin McCall Stop Feeling Sorry For Yourself : Dust Your Self Off And Write/Sing Again #TalkinOuttaTurn